National Women Veterans Association of America assist our states, universities, private sector, and government agencies in several necessary areas that are essential to the overall livelihood of military and veteran women, which include:
• Assisting or Referring women veterans in the Processing of Backlogged Claims
• Coordinating and/or Providing Affordable 24-Hour to 6-Month Child Care Services for Military Women
• Offering Alternative Mental Health Services to Victims of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, Military Sexual Trauma, & a Variety of Other Military Service - Related Mental Disorders
• Providing Employment Training, Job Placement, Certification Programs, Healing, & Hiring Fair Concepts, "Hey Sista Listen Up Series", & Training Resources
• Providing Consulting, Funding, & Referral Services for Transitional & Permanent Housing for Homeless & At-Risk Military Women & Veterans & their families
• Providing a Bridge to Help Veterans Transform Our Nation through Innovative Business Leadership of the New Millennium
• Providing Companies with the Program Model "How to Adjust with a Military Veteran in the Workplace"
• Negotiating Internships & Job Placement That Meets the Needs of High-Demand Jobs That Are Considered Non-Traditional for Women Veterans
According to a recent survey by the Department of Veteran Affairs, half of the women currently registered with their agency state that they are victims of sexual assault and/or sexual harassment.
Women are serving in the military more than ever before in our nation's history. Yet, military women unique needs are not being met by existing resources. For example, did you know that over half of the women currently on active duty are single mothers. Please join us in supporting our servicewomen.